What has caused more long-term damage?
The atom bomb?
Government welfare programmes created to buy the votes of those who want the State to take care of them?
Japan does not have a welfare system.
There, you work or do without.
Five key messages:
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the rich out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. Governments cannot give anything to anyone that they did not first take from someone else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!
5. When half the people believe they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and the other half believes it is no good working because somebody else is going to get what they work for, the end of the nation is nigh!